[Asterisk-Dev] Embedded Asterisk - MOH

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at cow.dk
Mon Oct 27 10:04:27 MST 2003

Hi Robert,

> I have MOH running WITHOUT ztdummy, zrtc OR any digium cards.

Ahem - that's weird - I tried that a few month back on my standard PC and
it - well - basically sounded like sh*t (hard explain - but sounded like
timing problems - the music played too slow).  But now that you mentioned
it, I'll most definitely give it a shot.  Maybe someone changes something in
the moh module?

> class that you have enabled. (only one class is required)  On my LAN it
> streams without any hiccups or burps.    If you have the memory and space
> for mpg123 then it should work.

Actually (and I forgot to mention that - mpg123 is already there.  Was part
of the build  before Asterisk got included, since I used the box as an mp3
player before it got "promoted" to pbx :)  Space and memory is not a
problem, however on th 233 MHz model I wouldn't like to have to mp3 decoders
running in the background.  That alone would more or less bring the
processor to it's knees.

> Good luck with your meeting. Keep us informed as to the outcome.

Thanx - I'll do my best to promote Asterisk and open source VoIP in general.

Regards,

    Lars...