[Asterisk-Dev] final mgcp patch

Karl Putland karl at putland.linux-site.net
Fri May 9 06:49:04 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 07:19, Tycho Schenkeveld wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Good to hear that you have the DG-104S as well! At least I know now that it
> should work with the hardware and that I'm just doing something wrong.
>
> I'll have a look at the dtmfmode for the boxes, maybe there's something
> going wrong there. The dialtone doesn't even disappear when I dial a digit,
> though. I tried finding you on #asterisk, but I'm in Holland so we live in
> different time zones.
>
> Could you tell me which firmware you're using with the DG-104S? I have
> Firmware 3.0B35-C,

I believe that is the same version I have.

>  according to my colleague that's the latest he found on
> the D-link website. Boot PROM FW is 2.10-B22, we don't seem to be able to
> boot that one. I'll have a look at the hook flash settings, that might solve
> the problems, sometimes * and the DG-104 go out of sync and the 104 just
> keeps transmitting voice at 64kbps even though it has hung up! If you could
> tell me your timeout settings that would be really great too!

Attached is the reference that I used to reset the various timeout
values.  You must use the telnet interface to do the provisioning of the
dilink.  I had to do it MANY time before the dlink finally decided to
keep the settings that I was entering.

> The most important problem we have is that everything works great locally,
> but when we try to use it over the internet the speech channels don't open,
> or they only open one-way (eg. I could hear you but you could not hear me).
> But I believe that those issues are related to the routers, most sites have
> routers before the boxes and I think that even though they are in a DMZ
> configuration, they report their internal IP address to *, which passes it
> to the other box.

dlink <--mgcp--> * <--IAX over the Internet--> * <--mgcp--> dlink

This works for me here

> Anyway, thank you for your great work on the MGCP stack! I'll keep messing
> with it here. If you have any clues I'd really appreciate it!

Great.  BTW you just missed me in #asterisk.
I'm in the US, Denver, CO and you were just a little early for me.