[Asterisk-Dev] final mgcp patch

Tycho Schenkeveld tycho at connectingcrew.nl
Fri May 9 06:19:24 MST 2003

Hi Karl,

Good to hear that you have the DG-104S as well! At least I know now that it
should work with the hardware and that I'm just doing something wrong.

I'll have a look at the dtmfmode for the boxes, maybe there's something
going wrong there. The dialtone doesn't even disappear when I dial a digit,
though. I tried finding you on #asterisk, but I'm in Holland so we live in
different time zones.

Could you tell me which firmware you're using with the DG-104S? I have
Firmware 3.0B35-C, according to my colleague that's the latest he found on
the D-link website. Boot PROM FW is 2.10-B22, we don't seem to be able to
boot that one. I'll have a look at the hook flash settings, that might solve
the problems, sometimes * and the DG-104 go out of sync and the 104 just
keeps transmitting voice at 64kbps even though it has hung up! If you could
tell me your timeout settings that would be really great too!

The most important problem we have is that everything works great locally,
but when we try to use it over the internet the speech channels don't open,
or they only open one-way (eg. I could hear you but you could not hear me).
But I believe that those issues are related to the routers, most sites have
routers before the boxes and I think that even though they are in a DMZ
configuration, they report their internal IP address to *, which passes it
to the other box.

Anyway, thank you for your great work on the MGCP stack! I'll keep messing
with it here. If you have any clues I'd really appreciate it!

Regards,

Tycho Schenkeveld