[Asterisk-Dev] How the Alert-Info mod works

Peter Grace pgrace at fierymoon.com
Wed Jun 18 21:46:24 MST 2003

Interesting idea.  You'd have to have phones that supported
the distinctive ring of the RFC type..  So far, we've
(jtodd, myself) only heard of cisco implementing
Alert-info, and even then it's not up to par with the RFC.
If the phone downloaded the ring every time it had to ring,
then maybe it'd work.  However, for all we know it may
download the ringtones to the phone and then cache it?

Many unknowns, because we could only test it on a 7960.  If
anyone else happens to know if their sip phone supports
Alert-Info, it'd be an interesting experiment!

Pete