[Asterisk-Dev] FXO Hardware Sourcing

Mathew Frank mfrank at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 28 09:28:55 MST 2003

> --On Saturday, March 1, 2003 2:25 am +1100 Mathew Frank
> <mfrank at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Incidentally, has anyone looked at this Open Source Project using
> > full-duplex voice modems on linux? http://www.vocpsystem.com   Just
> > stumbled over it.
>
> I've been using an early version of vocp for quite a long while now (ie
> long enough to forget how long it's been installed!).  It's been
completely
> stable but there are a couple of limitations in the early version I have:
>
> - voice quality - this is of course down to my USR modem - asterisk is
much
> better
> - configuring voicemail prompts is a right pain, particularly if you don't
> use Windows

I just read a (feb 2003) recomendation for a 'US Robotics 2976' as it is a
new model hardware PCI modem with full duplex.   What model do you have?
(I`m wondering if USR have improved voice quality)

There has been disussion on this list about linmodems in full duplex (too
hard/not done) but not about full duplex hardware PCI modems.   There is an
asterisk half duplex h/w-modem channel as I remember at the moment.

Cheers,
Mathew