[Asterisk-Dev] FXO Hardware Sourcing

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Fri Feb 28 09:04:04 MST 2003

--On Saturday, March 1, 2003 2:25 am +1100 Mathew Frank
<mfrank at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Incidentally, has anyone looked at this Open Source Project using
> full-duplex voice modems on linux? http://www.vocpsystem.com   Just
> stumbled over it.

I've been using an early version of vocp for quite a long while now (ie
long enough to forget how long it's been installed!).  It's been completely
stable but there are a couple of limitations in the early version I have:

- voice quality - this is of course down to my USR modem - asterisk is much
better
- configuring voicemail prompts is a right pain, particularly if you don't
use Windows

So I'm looking to make a permanent migration to asterisk!

  Iain