[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 call variable passing between servers

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Wed Dec 3 09:01:17 MST 2003

On 03/12/03 12:42, Linus Surguy wrote:
> Quite right, I am thinking of doing something slightly broader that your
> original idea, however all I'm looking for is being able to transmit
> variables over IAX - the rest can come later, the important trick is to lay
> the groundwork now.
[...]

Everyone will probably baulk at the idea, but how about serializing
things into XML and sending over as some kind of specially-flagged TEXT
payload?

This would enable a great deal of flexibility for application-specific
communications (you could incorporate XML-SOAP or whatever) without
requiring a completely separate communications channel, which I believe
is the whole point of this.

Alastair