[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 call variable passing between servers

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Dec 3 08:29:46 MST 2003

Linus -
   If you're up to the task, then I fully encourage you to go forward.
Your method is more robust and has better long-range goals in mind
than my simple variable passing concept.  If it can be staged in
small increments that do not seem to have large code modification
implications, as you imply (and William describes) then I think it
would be well accepted.

   IAX2 can quickly surpass SIP in core systems if this type of
functionality is implemented.  It's already much more robust in
certain areas than SIP; we need to keep building better stuff in.  :-)

   Do you have the cycles to start and complete a project like this?
I'd be more than happy to help with the development effort, but I am
not a coder and merely a tester/documenter/commenter.

JT