[Asterisk-bsd] Is there a good Asterisk webapp (candidate)?

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:30:27 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Roger Marquis <marquis at roble.com> wrote:

> Tried asterisk-gui but it doesn't manage provisioning or have much of a
> dialplan front-end.  Tried porting FreePBX (thanks to Doug Barton) but it
> has so much RedHat-specific code that we gave up on it.  I really don't
> want to install the Linux image that FreePBX seems to need but am running
> out of options.  In my experience software that is not written to work on
> multiple OSs is always buggier and riskier than software written (and
> tested) cross-platform.  We are looking for good software, whether OSS or
> proprietary does not matter as long as it works on vanilla Asterisk and
> runs on several Unix and Linux OSs.  So my questions:
>
>  1) Does anyone know of a good cross-platform web manager for Asterisk?
>  All we really need is handset provisioning, dialplan, and voicemail
>  editing.

If that's all you want, it seems like webmin would be adequate.  IIRC, there
was also an asterisk plugin for webmin but I haven't tried since 1.4 was new
and it wasn't that great then.  I just $EDITOR otherwise for stuff, and have
a CDR web frontend.

Out curiosity, have you tried this?
http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation/install-process-for-freebsd

Seems out of date but might be a good starting place.

--
Adam Vande More