[Asterisk-bsd] Is there a good Asterisk webapp (candidate)?

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue Aug 2 17:51:08 CDT 2011

Tried asterisk-gui but it doesn't manage provisioning or have much of a
dialplan front-end.  Tried porting FreePBX (thanks to Doug Barton) but it
has so much RedHat-specific code that we gave up on it.  I really don't
want to install the Linux image that FreePBX seems to need but am running
out of options.  In my experience software that is not written to work on
multiple OSs is always buggier and riskier than software written (and
tested) cross-platform.  We are looking for good software, whether OSS or
proprietary does not matter as long as it works on vanilla Asterisk and
runs on several Unix and Linux OSs.  So my questions:

   1) Does anyone know of a good cross-platform web manager for Asterisk?
   All we really need is handset provisioning, dialplan, and voicemail
   editing.

   2) Short of an existing webapp are there any good candidates for a
   port?  (Askoozia?)

Roger Marquis