[Asterisk-bsd] Hey guys its update time

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:31:35 CST 2007

On November 19, 2007 12:45:05 am Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
> I've been working on documenting the current experience of setting up
> asterisk on FreeBSDsystems for a while now, and have posted some base
> setup steps in a blog format on http://asteriskbsd.blogspot.com/
>
> There are additional things you have to do currently to have a proper
> customized build, such as diving into the work dir for the
> asterisk-addons to select the modules you actually want (e.g. disable
> saycountpl, etc.) that you can't do with port's make config,
Well this is because of the submenu that digium added. we are working to fix
them in the ports.
asterisk and asterisk addons.

> or killing
> the mpg123 dependency for asterisk port and switch to format_mp3 native
> playback for the MOH. These are the kinks that need to be ironed on the
> port level.
I have beens asking Maximum Sobila to please rm the mpg123 from the port but
he has refused to respond oto emails. and I have to manualy edit the port
every time O do a port snap to rm the mpg123 build and run deps from the
asterisk make file.

> I'll be documenting next the process of setting up a2billing on FreeBSD,
> as it also includes some intricacies of its own.
>
> -Vahan
>
> Tim St. Pierre wrote:
> > About Daemonswitch.
> >
> > Here's what I would like to see (this is my interests anyway)
> >
> > FreeBSD operating system.
> > Asterisk
> > Zaptel
> > libpri
> >
> > Menu config to select the following:

> > asterisk-addons
working to make menuselect work

> > 	mysql support
mysql support aka mysqlclient is built with the asterisk-addons.

> > 	mysql server
I am not a fan of running the sql server on the same unit as the pbx.

> > Festival
I am working to update the Flite port to Flite3

> > Sox
I have sox in the intall I am making

> > rsync (very handy for redundancy and backup)

> > IMAP voicemail support
> > Exim and courier-imap, or another appropriate IMAP server
email on the pbx box is used for 1 thing sending out emails with vm
atachments. If you need mail then put it on a 2nd system

> > That's actually all I use (my config is all database driven or shell
> > based). I'm sure other folks will want GUI and things like that.
Right now I include the ThirdLane gui wich I think is the best out there. no
its no free or open sounce . But you get what you pay for with it. you get
support. If something breaks you can report it and it will get fixed is a
timly manor.  also the fact its the only 1 of 2 I know that supports freebsd.

I will be adding a option for the digium gui also . but it lacks alot. and I
dont feel is ready for prime time use.

> > I relish the idea of being able to install a solid but basic system that
> > has asterisk and all it's dependencies met, then have the option of
> > installing additional features.  It would be nice if there was a set of
> > config files that was more up to date than the ones that Asterisk
> > includes, but not as closed as the ones that come with Trixbox.  If
> > anyone has a list of required features, I would consider making these up
> > (I already have lots of useful dialplan macros made already).
> >
> > -Tim
> >
> > On Sunday 18 November 2007 12:55, Richard Neese wrote:
> >> wanting to find out where all the asterisk ports stand and where the
> >> latest ver of zaptel-bsd is at ?
> >>
> >> I also looking still for more feed back on daemonswitch . of what you
> >> would want and not want in it.

Welcome to the World. An the World gets smaller.