[Asterisk-bsd] Hey guys its update time

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Mon Nov 19 02:45:05 CST 2007

I've been working on documenting the current experience of setting up
asterisk on FreeBSDsystems for a while now, and have posted some base
setup steps in a blog format on http://asteriskbsd.blogspot.com/

There are additional things you have to do currently to have a proper
customized build, such as diving into the work dir for the
asterisk-addons to select the modules you actually want (e.g. disable
saycountpl, etc.) that you can't do with port's make config, or killing
the mpg123 dependency for asterisk port and switch to format_mp3 native
playback for the MOH. These are the kinks that need to be ironed on the
port level.

I'll be documenting next the process of setting up a2billing on FreeBSD,
as it also includes some intricacies of its own.

-Vahan