[Asterisk-bsd] G729

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Sun May 6 08:39:39 MST 2007

On 06/05/2007, at 8:00 PM, Jeremy Bogan wrote:

> I get the feeling Digium aren't interested in BSD which is
> disappointing. I spoke to them on numerous occasions and they have
> promised an updated G729 module for BSD for 1.4 but its never
> happened.

I actually got the chance to speak to Mark Spencer at CeBIT Australia
last week (we were exhibiting there and so was Asterisk). His
response to my questions about BSD was that they will continue to
support the compatibility of the core of Asterisk on FreeBSD, but
things such as zaptel compatibility are not a concern to them. He
would ensure compatibility only if it did not affect Linux performance.

In short it seems that they want to support FreeBSD as long as it
doesn't take them too much effort. But it appears they test and
regularly build the core of Asterisk on FreeBSD.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001