[Asterisk-bsd] G729

Ryan Lackey ryan at venona.com
Sun May 6 03:16:47 MST 2007

The actual intel code has been made to work on 1.4 with freebsd 6.2,
so I don't understand why there is no Digium version.  (of course you can't
use the intel-based version due to patents on the underlying algorithms,
and getting your own license costs >$200k)

Quoting Jeremy Bogan <jeremy at voicebox.net.au>:
> I get the feeling Digium aren't interested in BSD which is
> disappointing. I spoke to them on numerous occasions and they have
> promised an updated G729 module for BSD for 1.4 but its never happened.
>
> On 06/05/2007, at 7:54 PM, Andrew Foster wrote:
>
> >On 5/6/07, Jeremy Bogan <jeremy at voicebox.net.au> wrote:
> >Is it just me or is there no longer an "unsupported" directory for
> >the G729 module on the Digium FTP servers.
> >
> >It's not you.  I recently upgraded to 1.2.18 and FreeBSD 6.2 and my
> >g729 licenses stopped working.  The old 'register' utility I had
> >can't talk to the Digium registration servers either (TCP RST).  I
> >mailed them about this 48 hours ago, but so far no reply at all
> >from them.  Anyone else have their g729 licenses break?

> --
> VoiceBox Communcations™
> [ jeremy at voicebox.net.au ]

Ryan Lackey [RL960-RIPE AS24812]  ryan at venona.com    +1 212 372 7595
OpenPGP DH 4096: B8B8 3D95 F940 9760 C64B   DE90 07AD BE07 D2E0 301F