[Asterisk-bsd] MeetMe drift

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Sun Jul 29 12:55:13 CDT 2007

David,

>    Attached is a patch to Asterisk's channel.c that limits the queue
> depth of voice frames to a maximum of just 2 frames (40ms) on the channel

I assume this is a patch against 1.2 as 1.4 rejects it. After looking
at the 1.4 code, there seems to already be a mechanism to limit queue
size in place. Here's a snippet from channel.c:921

/* Allow up to 96 voice frames outstanding, and up to 128 total frames */
	if (((fin->frametype == AST_FRAME_VOICE) && (qlen > 96)) || (qlen  > 128)) {
		if (fin->frametype != AST_FRAME_VOICE) {
			ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Exceptionally long queue length queuing to
%s\n", chan->name);
			CRASH;
		} else {
			if (option_debug)
				ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Dropping voice to exceptionally long queue on
%s\n", chan->name);
			ast_frfree(f);
			ast_channel_unlock(chan);
			return 0;
		}
	}

Am I understanding this correctly or is this a different queue? Thanks
for your continued input on this.

Regards,
-Michael I.