[Asterisk-bsd] MeetMe drift

David Greenman-Lawrence dg228 at dglawrence.com
Sun Jul 29 14:00:29 CDT 2007

> David,
>
> >    Attached is a patch to Asterisk's channel.c that limits the queue
> > depth of voice frames to a maximum of just 2 frames (40ms) on the channel
>
> I assume this is a patch against 1.2 as 1.4 rejects it. After looking
> at the 1.4 code, there seems to already be a mechanism to limit queue
> size in place. Here's a snippet from channel.c:921
>
> /* Allow up to 96 voice frames outstanding, and up to 128 total frames */
> Am I understanding this correctly or is this a different queue? Thanks
> for your continued input on this.

   That code prevents the queue from growing larger than 2.5 *seconds* long
and is utterly ineffective at doing much of anything except causing Asterisk
to core dump. :-) ...and it's not new - it is in 1.2 as well.

   Yes, the patch was against 1.2.13. I don't have 1.4 handy, but I recall
that the function was essentially identical.

-DG

David Greenman-Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
Co-Founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.