[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 1.4 for Asterisk 1.4

Yuri yuri at rus.net
Mon Jan 29 08:01:30 MST 2007

Hello.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 07:24:13AM -0500, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Jerry wrote:
>
> >As 6.2 was recently launched, I thought I'd try the latest stuff for
> >Zaptel-BSD.
> >
> >The latest asterisk 1.2 compatible code (from the /trunk of zaptel-bsd dir
> >tree) was broken, but the suggested fix for the ports (remove zaptel.h
> >from /usr/local/include) solves this.
> >
> >I thought I'd give 1.4 a shot, and so I tried the code under
> >"branches-1.4". This died looking for ZAPTEL_VERSION at 944 of zaptel.c. A
> >quick grep doesn't turn up any reference to this.
> >
> >I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten this compiled, and if so, what svn
> >revision number are you using? I'd love to test it out.
>
> I had this and a couple of other errors (don't have my notes in front of
> me, they were somewhere around line 685 if memory serves) and when I
> deleted /usr/local/include/zaptel.h it compiled fine.  You may want to
> make sure there isn't another zaptel.h somewhere that you missed.

Asterisk 1.4.0 search for zaptel.h and tonezone.h in
/usr/local/include/zaptel, instead of /usr/local/include.

In linux zaptel 1.4.0 also added version.h header file, w/ZAPTEL_VERSION
defination. I move this defination in zaptel.h header file in zaptel-1.4 svn
branch and trunk.

> Once it compiled and I loaded it, zttool showed no alarms on my x100p
> (or x101p, whatever it is).  But asterisk fails configure saying my
> version of zaptel is too old - I just got it from svn, so there's still
> another problem.
>
> Strangely enough, during configure it gives me this:
>
> checking for ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in zaptel.h... no
> checking for ZT_DIAL_OP_CANCEL in zaptel.h... yes
>
> right before it errors and a grep of /usr/local/include/zaptel shows
> ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in there and set - probably a #define taking it out
> 'cuze there is not another zaptel.h anywhere it'd look.  If anyone has
> a fix for that before I find it, it'd be appreciated.

 That svn revision You use? In old revision (may be prior 94) defination
of ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE was masked from asterisk by #ifdef _KERNEL directive.
Now I compile asterisk-1.4.0 w/zaptel from trunk and zaptel-1.4 branch
without any problem.

 But make sure, that You have new header files zaptel.h and tonezone.h in
/usr/local/include/zaptel directory. And use new ztcfg from ./ztcfg
directory.

--
Best Regards, Yuri.
	Yuri Saltikov