[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 1.4 for Asterisk 1.4

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Mon Jan 29 05:24:13 MST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Jerry wrote:

> As 6.2 was recently launched, I thought I'd try the latest stuff for
> Zaptel-BSD.
>
> The latest asterisk 1.2 compatible code (from the /trunk of zaptel-bsd dir
> tree) was broken, but the suggested fix for the ports (remove zaptel.h
> from /usr/local/include) solves this.
>
> I thought I'd give 1.4 a shot, and so I tried the code under
> "branches-1.4". This died looking for ZAPTEL_VERSION at 944 of zaptel.c. A
> quick grep doesn't turn up any reference to this.
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten this compiled, and if so, what svn
> revision number are you using? I'd love to test it out.

I had this and a couple of other errors (don't have my notes in front of
me, they were somewhere around line 685 if memory serves) and when I
deleted /usr/local/include/zaptel.h it compiled fine.  You may want to
make sure there isn't another zaptel.h somewhere that you missed.

Once it compiled and I loaded it, zttool showed no alarms on my x100p
(or x101p, whatever it is).  But asterisk fails configure saying my
version of zaptel is too old - I just got it from svn, so there's still
another problem.

Strangely enough, during configure it gives me this:

checking for ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in zaptel.h... no
checking for ZT_DIAL_OP_CANCEL in zaptel.h... yes

right before it errors and a grep of /usr/local/include/zaptel shows
ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in there and set - probably a #define taking it out
'cuze there is not another zaptel.h anywhere it'd look.  If anyone has
a fix for that before I find it, it'd be appreciated.

Vince.
--
   Michigan VHF Corp.   http://www.nobucks.net/   http://www.coloser.com/
            Bringing the world a little coloser to your business