[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 4.10 regarding

Phillip Neumann pneumann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:28:18 MST 2007

El mié, 25-04-2007 a las 09:34 -0700, Knight Tiger escribió:
> Hi,
>          I am new to Asterisk and FreeBSD and I have a FreeBSD box to
> try out Asterisk and it is running FreeBSD  v 4.10. I understand that
> Zaptel is a driver for cards that enables you to call PSTN phones. I
> would like to know if I need to have Asterisk to use Zaptel ?

Well, its like havinging a modem, and install its driver and not ppp or
anything similar to make use if it.. :)

you need a software PBX, such as asterisk or sipx to make use of your
hardware

>  Is it possible to use some other app (I dont know/have any such app)
> to just interface with the Zaptel driver and make/receive PSTN calls ?
> Also I read that zaptel 1.4 is working on BSD. Does that mean it works
> on 4.10 ? I would really appreciate any help in this direction.

I really dont know. but i would recomend you to use freebsd 6, 4.x
support has ended..

Checkout http://code.google.com/p/asterisk-bsd/
if you have any problems, please use the tracker.

good luck!