[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 4.10 regarding

Knight Tiger caugar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:34:26 MST 2007

Hi,
         I am new to Asterisk and FreeBSD and I have a FreeBSD box to
try out Asterisk and it is running FreeBSD  v 4.10. I understand that
Zaptel is a driver for cards that enables you to call PSTN phones. I
would like to know if I need to have Asterisk to use Zaptel ?

 Is it possible to use some other app (I dont know/have any such app)
to just interface with the Zaptel driver and make/receive PSTN calls ?
Also I read that zaptel 1.4 is working on BSD. Does that mean it works
on 4.10 ? I would really appreciate any help in this direction.

I appreciate your help

Thanks
Knight