[Asterisk-bsd] Audio Playback glitches

Frank Versteurs frank.versteurs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 05:18:32 MST 2006

Stuart Henderson wrote:

Since you don't mention a timing source, you might not
be using one - you probably need zaptel or ztdummy, there
doesn't seem to be any way to do this without kernel
modules (if there is, I'd be really interested to know).

------------

Apparently only some of the audio glitches disappeared after disabling the
"Voice Activity Detection" functionality of the Thomson ip-phones.
e.g. I get perfect MP3 playback on extension 139 -
exten => 139,1,MP3Player(/usr/local/share/asterisk/sounds/queen.mp3).

But when putting a call on hold (musiconhold.conf), there are still
periodical (every 2-3 seconds) audio hickups. I do have a HFC ISDN adapter
installed, but the audio hickups also happen on SIP to SIP calls. I don't
have a timing source installed as far as I know.

How can I do this on my install (Asterisk 1.2.9.1, FreeBSD 6.1 )? Or do you
have hints for the musiconhold configuration file, because I tried the
different included examples - but none helped.

Thanks,

Frank