[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on BSD - Production Worthy?

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Nov 30 06:51:17 MST 2006

Hi,

| By Phil Finkler <PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com>
|                                          [ 2006-11-30 15:40 +0200 ]
> This is my first posting to the list.  I'm wondering if anyone can give
> me some opinions as to if the Asterisk port is ready for "prime-time"
> and suitable for a production environment.  I've been running it in a
> test environment and so far have been quite pleased.  Any advice
> appreciated.

The biggest issue for me has been hardware compatibility.  I've been running
Asterisk on FreeBSD 5.4 with a Sangoma PRI card providing the telco
connection and a mix of SwissVoice and SNOM SIP handsets for a 20 staff
office.  Everything has worked 100%.  I think if you choose your PSTN
hardware carefully, Asterisk on BSD is rock solid.

Regards,
Aragon