[Asterisk-bsd] Clicking noise on TDM400P

Thomas Sandford thomas at paradisegreen.co.uk
Fri May 26 04:32:32 MST 2006

"Aaron Seelye" <aseelye-lists at eltopia.com>
> I have a TDM400P with 4 FXO ports, currently using one.  When sending or
> receiving calls on this card, there is a nearly constant popping/clicking
> sound, which some digging said it was related to the echo cancellation.  I
> adjusted my gains properly, but to no avail.  I even found that setting
> echotraining=no in zapata.conf didn't change the scenario at all.  I've
> plugged analog handsets into the same jack, and the line is crystal-clear.
> Below is my zapata.conf, if you guys have any ideas how I might resolve
> this, I'd appreciate it.  I'm running the latest zaptel and asterisk btw.

I have the same problem, though it is more noticeable on my FXS port (but I
haven't done much testing of the FXO, largely because I don't want to use
the TDM for "real" calls until I have resolved the problem).

>From research I've done on Google, etc I'd put it down to a problem with
interrupts not being serviced fast enough, causing dropouts - however it
would be odd, in that case, that your X100P (as mentioned in your second
post) doesn't see the same problem.

--
Thomas Sandford