[Asterisk-bsd] Can't Receive Calls

Graham Menhennitt gmenhennitt at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 11 15:56:02 MST 2006

Frank Griffith wrote:
> http://noboss.dynip.com/HOWTOs/Asterisk
>
> If anyone could please take a look and tell me what I seem to have out
> of order.
exten => 2000,1,SendText(hello world)

exten => 2000,n,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
exten => 2000,n,Voicemail(u2000 at default)

I'm no expert either. But that looks wrong to me. I think the second line should have 2 rather than n in the middle.

I do things the old way (using jumps). Mine says:

[globals]
ALL=sip/1008&sip/1005
GRAHAM_MAILBOX=1000

and

[macro-standard_incoming]
;   ${ARG1} - Device(s) to ring
;   ${ARG2} - Mailbox number
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20,wW)		; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u${ARG2})	; If unavailable, send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b${ARG2})	; If busy, send to voicemail w/ busy announce

and

[from_faktortel]
exten => s,1,Macro(standard_incoming,${ALL},${GRAHAM_MAILBOX})

For the purposes of getting it working, I'd try removing as much as possible from your extensions.conf. Strip it down to an absolute minimum
to just receive calls from FWD. Connect to the asterisk server and turn some debug output on ('asterisk -rvvvvvvv' from a root shell).
Then do a 'reload'. Look for any errors messages in the output.

Good luck,
    Graham Menhennitt