[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 12:48:58 CST 2006

On 1/8/06, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:
> Great! But if you don't mind I would first like to get my FreeBSD 5.4
> system working with Asterisk like it should before upgrading to FreeBSD
> 6.0, one step at a time.
>
> This is what I've got:
>
> asterisk-1.0.9_2    An Open Source PBX and telephony toolkit
> spandsp-0.0.2.p20   Fax DSP library for Asterisk
> zaptel-0.11         A FreeBSD Driver for FXO, FXS, BRI and PRI Telephony
> Cards
>
> The TDM11B with one FXS and one FXO has been installed.
>
> Ready when you are...

Ok, you won't be able to use asterisk-1.0.9_2.

I think you should get the latest bits from the CVS tree.

To do this, change your directory location to /usr/local/src/asterisk

Next enter these lines:

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot

cvs login

when it prompts for password, enter: anoncvs

then enter:

cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk

Let me know how this goes..

-kim