[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Sun Jan 8 12:59:10 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 13:48 -0500, Kim Culhan wrote:
> On 1/8/06, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:
> > Great! But if you don't mind I would first like to get my FreeBSD 5.4
> > system working with Asterisk like it should before upgrading to FreeBSD
> > 6.0, one step at a time.
> >
> > This is what I've got:
> >
> > asterisk-1.0.9_2    An Open Source PBX and telephony toolkit
> > spandsp-0.0.2.p20   Fax DSP library for Asterisk
> > zaptel-0.11         A FreeBSD Driver for FXO, FXS, BRI and PRI Telephony
> > Cards
> >
> > The TDM11B with one FXS and one FXO has been installed.
> >
> > Ready when you are...
>
> Ok, you won't be able to use asterisk-1.0.9_2.

Not for FreeBSD 5.4 I gather?

Of course, then I will first have to remove this version, e.g.
pkg_delete asterisk-1.0.9_2?

What about the zaptel and spandsp stuff?

> I think you should get the latest bits from the CVS tree.
>
> To do this, change your directory location to /usr/local/src/asterisk

# cd /usr/local/src
# mkdir asterisk
# cd asterisk

# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot

> cvs login

ok

> when it prompts for password, enter: anoncvs

ok

> then enter:
>
> cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk

ok

> Let me know how this goes..

done, it worked.

(this is too good to be true -- my own personal tutor!!)

next?