[Asterisk-bsd] fxotune and wcfxo

Lyndon Griffin bsdbigot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:34:48 CDT 2005

Greetings, all. I think I'm about to try and port fxotune from the
zaptel-1.2.0 tarball. Hopefully, somebody here can dissuade me, something
along the lines of "I already did that, here's the source code," would be
excellent.

>From looking at fxotune.c, it appears that the Linux drivers use a
/dev/zap/x device node, where x is an integer between 1 and 252. Looking in
the FreeBSD code, I understand that the appropriate method is to open
/dev/zap/channel and then issue something that looks like a channel select
ioctl(). This will be the first piece of work I will tackle. Hopefully, that
will be the last piece, because I've otherwise got the code compiling
against the ported zaptel.h with no errors.

Can anyone foresee a future problem (like the ioctl() 60-70 range, would be
my guess) that I would run into?

TIA,

bsdbigot