[Asterisk-bsd] fxotune and wcfxo

Lyndon Griffin bsdbigot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:36:42 CDT 2005

I did run into a problem with one of the ioctl()s, WCTDM_SET_ECHOTUNE. In
wctdm.h from the zaptel-1.2.0-beta tarball, this is defined as follows:

#define WCTDM_SET_ECHOTUNE _IOW (ZT_CODE, 63, struct wctdm_echo_coefs)

for posterity, not that it matters just this second:

struct wctdm_echo_coefs {
unsigned char acim;
unsigned char coef1;
unsigned char coef2;
unsigned char coef3;
unsigned char coef4;
unsigned char coef5;
unsigned char coef6;
unsigned char coef7;
unsigned char coef8;
};

I haven't yet traced through this ioctl(), but I'm hoping that somebody here
can enlighten me a little as to the design behind the zaptel device nodes,
>From my very brief scan of the source code, especially fxo_tune.c, it
appears that each minor is used to select the various *_ioctl() functions in
zaptel.c. There is also the appearance, though I may be wrong, of some sort
of multiplex which allows some ioctl()s to be passed to a pseudo function,
things like setting the blocksize or changing the Zap channel. I guess what
I'm looking for is some sort of roadmap which says "these types of commands
should be sent to the channel minor, while those types of commands should be
sent to the control minor." Does such a thing exist?

TIA,

bsdbigot