[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel Driver problem on FreeBSD 5.4

Chris St Denis chris at aebc.com
Thu Oct 6 13:42:31 CDT 2005

I also have a card like this.

Using everything from ports it worked....most of the time for me. I couldn't
seem to get it to take more than one span tho. Had multiple span problems
under Linux as well so I'm not sure what to make of that problem. Anyway....

After much effort I was able to compile and install asterisk and libpri from
cvs root and zaptel from svn, however now it just doesn't work at all :(.
I'm emailed the developers with all the debug info I could generate, but
haven't gotten a response. Hopefully they are/will actually use it.

Some suggestions on your problem to help debug it.

* Run zttool and see if there are any alarms on your spans. And make sure
whichever one you use is marked as "OK" not "Unconfigured"
* Did you make a /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf?
* did you run ztcfg? Run it with -vvvvvv and see if you get any info.
* will asterisk load with zaptel module in?
* If you can get into asterisk try such commands as "pri show span 1" and
"zap show status"