[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel Driver problem on FreeBSD 5.4

Mark Ackroyd mark.ackroyd at obraxsis.com
Thu Oct 6 14:03:11 CDT 2005

> Some suggestions on your problem to help debug it.

Thanks :-)

> * Run zttool and see if there are any alarms on your spans. And make sure
> whichever one you use is marked as "OK" not "Unconfigured"

This doesn't actually show anything, nice blue screen no info, just a select
and quit button.

> * Did you make a /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf?

Yes, it was missing from the port. I Had card working on a Linux machine, I
just used the same file.

> * did you run ztcfg? Run it with -vvvvvv and see if you get any info.

loads of info about my config. , then the line

ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Device not configured (6)

> * will asterisk load with zaptel module in?

As you would expect, asterisk doesn't even see that there is any zap
channels there.

Interesting enough, there is a /dev/zap entry. But after looking round , I
noticed other people have a /dev/wct4xxp entry. I don't though :-(

kldstat tells me this, that the driver is loaded, but is simply not seeing
the card. It's as if it was not plugged in !.

root at hathor:/dev>kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   15 0xc0400000 5dde04   kernel
 2   14 0xc09de000 56270    acpi.ko