[Asterisk-bsd] 4.x vs 5x/6x support

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Tue Oct 4 05:50:10 CDT 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Richard Neese wrote:

> well I  nice to hear but what has kept you from moving to 5.x wich was a
> stable branch and works fine. it should not be those of use who move ahead in
> life have to pay because others choose to lag.
>
> its time to catchup ot branch off. and let the drivers move forward this stale
> mate has to end.
>
> we need updated drivers and if 4.x vs 5.x 6.x is the main issue then sorry
> support for 4.x has to go stale.
>
> this is time to move onword and upword.

Got any more dusty sayings?   When you put a machine into production
it's not the same as your hobby machine where you can dick around with
the operating system and upgrade and downgrade anytime you want.

Not that it's any of your business, but I am running 5.x and 6-B5 on
other machines.  There are reasons beyond production for the others
to have to stay at 4.x - but with your current attitude about it I have
no doubt that you'd fail to understand.

Vince.
--
   Michigan VHF Corp.   http://www.nobucks.net/   http://www.coloser.com/
            Bringing the world a little coloser to your business