[Asterisk-bsd] Motherboards Successfully running Asterisk on FreeBSD

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Thu May 26 23:17:04 CDT 2005

A couple of followup questions, if you don't mind:

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Kim Culhan wrote:

> I can recommend the Intel D925XCV:

That's great to know.  We're a big fan of the intel motherboards around
here, but wanted to make sure they worked.  I think we've only got two
non-intel MB's, and that is the pair of Athlon 64's which are the mail
server farm.

What speed/type of processor are you using in this?  Did you spend the
extra dollars for an Extreme Edition, and if so, are you impressed or not?

Also, are you using SATA or regular-old PATA?  I get the impression that
SATA is not-quite-ready for primetime yet as far as FreeBSD/Asterisk goes,
but I realize this changes very quickly.

Any other sizing-related information (if you are pushing a heavy load
through it) would also be great.

-forrest