[Asterisk-bsd] Motherboards Successfully running Asterisk on FreeBSD

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 08:17:52 CDT 2005

--- "Forrest W. Christian" <fwc at mt.net> wrote:

> I would like to migrate my asterisk installation from my test linux
> machine to it's permanent home on a FreeBSD box.
>
> In the process of doing this, I'd like to pick up a pentium 4-ish
> motherboard which supports the 5 Volt TE4xx Quad-T1 card, without
> any problems (like the less-than-100% zttest results I'm getting
> right now under linux)

I can recommend the Intel D925XCV:

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/cv/

zttest will output this all day:

8192 samples in 8192 sample intervals 100.000000%

Even when running a make world :)

Interrupt handling with fbsd 5.4-stable is not
a problem..

> I'm really not all that interested in a dell or compaq or hp or
> similar...

Understandable,BTW the build quality on the '925
appears to be very good.

> We use a standardized case around here which takes an ATX
> motherboard and
> we like to keep things the same to simplify the whole spare
> situation.
>
> What are all of you using?
>
> I am planning on installing 5.x right out of the box at this point,
> so I'd
> also be interested in hearing what version of FreeBSD you are
> running.

* on 5.4-STABLE is very reliable, running the latest bits
from cvs HEAD obtained via cvsup, cvsupfile:

*default host=cvs.digium.com
*default base=/usr/local/src/asterisk
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
asterisk

and the zaptel-bsd driver code described at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-FreeBSD+zaptel

obtained via Subversion as described on the site above

Hope this helps

-kim