[Asterisk-bsd] Motherboards Successfully running Asterisk on FreeBSD

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 06:28:25 CDT 2005

--- "Forrest W. Christian" <fwc at mt.net> wrote:
> A couple of followup questions, if you don't mind:
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Kim Culhan wrote:
>
> > I can recommend the Intel D925XCV:
>

> What speed/type of processor are you using in this? Did you spend
> the extra dollars for an Extreme Edition, and if so, are you
> impressed or not?

The processor is a 3.6 GHz '560', not the Extreme Edition

> Also, are you using SATA or regular-old PATA?  I get the impression
> that
> SATA is not-quite-ready for primetime yet as far as
> FreeBSD/Asterisk goes,
> but I realize this changes very quickly.

Using the SATA controller:

atapci1: <Intel ICH6 SATA150 controller> port 0xdc00-0xdc0f,
0xe000-0xe003,0xe400-0xe407,0xe800-0xe803,0xec00-0xec07
irq 19 at device 31.2 on pci0

Seagate ST3250823 disk:

ad4: 238475MB <ST3250823AS/3.01> [484521/16/63]
at ata2-master SATA150

There have been reports of the disk system causing noise
in the audio channels of some systems, not with this one.

> Any other sizing-related information (if you are pushing a heavy
> load through it) would also be great.

Wish I could say it has a heavy load on it but for now the
greatest load is running a make world and asterisk
at the same time...

This is not a problem :)

-kim

w8hdkim at yahoo.com