[Asterisk-bsd] Not having any luck getting Asterisk to answer a TDM400P FXO module

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Thu Mar 17 12:32:22 CST 2005

Running FreeBSD 5.3 / Zapata / Asterisk built from ports (updated
first) from a week ago.  The TDM400P has 4 FXO cards in it.

I can get Asterisk to dial out on the POTS lines but can not get it to
answer incoming calls - unless I manually 'break' the loop by pulling
a wire off at the jack (basically creating a 'flash' on the line).
Once I do that Asterisk answers the phone and plays the demo that I
would expect.

At one point we had the incoming line running through the office fax
machine.  I expected that Asterisk would answer the phone before the
fax machine did (the fax rings a few times before answering) but no
go.  When we would hang up the fax machine after deciding this was not
going to work Asterisk would show itself (console) answering the phone.

I have tried Loop Start, Ground Start (hum.. can't get Asterisk to
start with that) and KoolStart and all give the same results.  I'm
running out of ideas.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Radabaugh