[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk 1.0.6, zaptel for NetBSD in pkgsrc-wip

Jeff Rizzo riz+asterisk at boogers.sf.ca.us
Thu Mar 17 16:08:07 CST 2005

Pawel Jaskorzynski @ Sokolka wrote:

>Hi,
>yesterday I got Asterisk to run on NetBSD 2.0 (macppc). Compilation was not
>very smooth, there seems to be a need for getting rid of the -march gcc
>switch whenever 'macppc' is returned by 'uname -m' (gcc chokes on it); this
>pertains to three Makefiles (top level, codecs/gsm and one more, just grep
>for -march). One of the Makefiles also runs it's own 'uname -m', which
>should not be needed, since it is done in a top level Makefile.
>The machine is a PPC604/150 MHz, so the performance is not that great. I
>will try compiling and testing zaptel soon, for now, having attempted one
>quick and dirty compilation, I have stumbled upon missing newt.h- I am not
>sure what package it should come with.
>I also compiled Asterisk on FreeBSD 5.3 (Alpha 64), and it kind of worked...

Was this from the package?  Or just compiling from source?  My
NetBSD/macppc machine had water dripped on it a few weeks ago, so I
haven't had a chance to test it there yet.  :(

>but was not of much use.
>
>Overall, great job. I am looking forward to putting a wildcard zaptel in my
>Mac ;)

That's the eventual goal - I'm pretty sure it *won't* work at the
moment; I haven't gotten rid of the nasty vtophys() bits in the drivers
yet.  I intend to work on it soon, though.  Feel free to email me
directly.  (I hate that this list automatically sets reply-to:!)

>Regards,
>Pawel

+j