[Asterisk-bsd] chan_phone.so on Freebsd (Quicknet hardware)?

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 03:26:20 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "msg" <michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org>
To: "Asterisk on BSD discussion" <asterisk-bsd at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-bsd] chan_phone.so on Freebsd (Quicknet hardware)?

>A short followup:
>>
>> whenever chan_phone.so loaded:
>>
>>         -- digits dialed from the console during a connection (IAX, SIP)
>>            fail to arrive at destination or arrive after long delay.
>
> 'noload=pbx_wilcalu.so' seemed to fix this problem but not the others;
> calling '500' from the console to Digium and navigating the menu there
> worked ok.  I didn't realize that this was live -- talked to an operator
> who said my voice was really clear (on a 33.6bps link).
>
> Isn't this wilcalu cpu hog problem supposed to be fixed in fbsd ports?

It works under 5.3 ok. I am not sure what the pthread library is under 4.xx

Regarding the other problems. The G723.1 codec does not work unless you load
a third party module. Its a fairly nasty codec anyway so unless you are very
very tight on bandwidth and have no patent restricition where you are I
would ditch it. Use "show translation recalc 60" to see what you have got.
Limit both sides to use a single codec and see if it still can't negotiate
correctly.

Chris