[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD Asterisk status?

Staffan Ulfberg staffanu+freebsd at multivac.fatburen.org
Mon Mar 7 08:32:27 CST 2005

Hello,

I've been running Asterisk on FreeBSD for a few weeks now, and most of
the time it works well.  I upgraded to the 1.0.5 port during the
weekend, and came across a few questions:

- Are all the patches that come with the port necessary for runing
  Asterisk on FreeBSD?  Or, are some of them fixes that, eventually,
  should be added to Asterisk whatever the platform?

- The port includes a patch set called "bristuff".  Do I want that?
  What does it do?  (I realize that in itself is not a FreeBSD
  question, but since it is included in the port...)  Amoung other
  things, the bristuff patch changes the way blind transfer works
  (well, actually, the only change I really noticed is that Asterisk
  does not say "transfer" after the pound key is pressed, but the
  changes to res/res_features.c surrounding this are quite large).

- I sometimes (annoyingly often) get this log message when an AGI
  script is running:

  Mar  7 14:03:04 WARNING[37051]: Wait failed (Interrupted system call)

  The call is then hung up.  Has anyone else seen this?

Staffan