[Asterisk-bsd] Which hardware i should use?

Oliver Schneider os at kobo.de
Wed Jul 6 02:35:38 CDT 2005

Hi Jan and everyone,

Also schrieb Jan.Stocker at t-online.de am Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 07:41:18AM +0200:
> so here you get your answers. Pls send me (or Thomas) a mail before
> contacting AVM / EICON / ITK....

Yes should be part of people who are developing C4B or Asterisk.

> a) There is no NT mode in any AVM card
> b) There is no active card with NT mode now supported by C4B (some old
> ITK cards can do this, but there is no support for it), but Thomas is
> working on a driver for EICON cards but the first prototype will be
> ready on Christmas.

Which one? The BRI-2M-PCI or 4BRI-8M-PCI? Please contact me if you need an
adapter or so. I have at least one BRI-2M-PCI, which I would like to use
for this, when it is finished :). I dont want to use Linux and a HFC
chip based adapter for the NT mode.

> c) You do not need to have NT mode to use your ISDN PBX with asterisk!

I do (me, not the original thread/question), I want to connect an ISDN
phone to Asterisk and not to my ISDN switch. I have a Gigaset base phone
and a few wireless phones, but to divde the wireless phones I need to
use different MSNs (which my switch doesn't supoort on the internal S0
bus).

> - Just attach your ISDN card like you do with ISDN phones to the PABX
> - Configure Asterisk to route everything like [XX] to the CAPI port
>
> Outdialing would be better by using NT mode, but it is still possible
> - Configure your ISDN PBX's S0 bus to have a number, say '60'
> - Dial '60', Asterisk gives you a dialtone and dial the number you want.
> Most ISDN PBX phones and ISDN phones automatically switch over to DTMF
> dialing after a successful connection.

MSN 60 see above, I would need MSN 60,61..xy

Regards
Oliver