[Asterisk-bsd] Which hardware i should use?

Jan.Stocker at t-online.de Jan.Stocker at t-online.de
Wed Jul 6 04:54:58 CDT 2005

> > a) There is no NT mode in any AVM card
> > b) There is no active card with NT mode now supported by C4B (some
> > old ITK cards can do this, but there is no support for it), but
> > Thomas is working on a driver for EICON cards but the first
> > prototype will be ready on Christmas.
> >

> Which one? The BRI-2M-PCI or 4BRI-8M-PCI? Please contact me if you
> need an adapter or so. I have at least one BRI-2M-PCI, which I would
> like to use for this, when it is finished :). I dont want to use Linux
> and a HFC chip based adapter for the NT mode.

Currently Thomas is working on BRI-2M PCI and ISA. If the driver is
ready, it should be no big problem to get the 4BRI running.

> > c) You do not need to have NT mode to use your ISDN PBX with
> > asterisk!
>
> I do (me, not the original thread/question), I want to connect an ISDN
> phone to Asterisk and not to my ISDN switch. I have a Gigaset base
> phone and a few wireless phones, but to divde the wireless phones I
> need to use different MSNs (which my switch doesn't supoort on the
> internal S0 bus).

This should be no problem by using your ISDN BPX, but of course you cant
do without, for this purpose you need NT mode. At my home office my ISDN
PABX is connected with 2 PBX phones, 2 ISDN phones. These 4 phones can
be accessed by Asterisk with different number 11,12,68,78 by default
(the same as defined on my ISDN PBX). So everything coming in from VoIP
can access every phone on the ISDN PBX by dialing the original two digit
number defined on the hardware PBX.

> MSN 60 see above, I would need MSN 60,61..xy

You only need to define a special MSN for your Asterisk, in my example
60. This is the prefix the phones need to dial to access Aserisk. So you
dial 60 on one of the four phones and reach Asterisk, now telephone
switches to DTMF and you can dial any number configured in Asterisk. Of
course NT mode and direct connections are still better :) In other words
60 is the number for the ISDN card and the asterisk context is only
Answer, play dialtone and process DTMF dialing, everthing [1-9][0-9] is
directed thru CAPI and [0]* gives you an ISDN line thru the ISDN PABX by
dialing 0<number> thru CAPI.

Jan