[Asterisk-bsd] Which hardware i should use?

Jan.Stocker at t-online.de Jan.Stocker at t-online.de
Wed Jul 6 00:41:18 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

so here you get your answers. Pls send me (or Thomas) a mail before
contacting AVM / EICON / ITK....

a) There is no NT mode in any AVM card
b) There is no active card with NT mode now supported by C4B (some old
ITK cards can do this, but there is no support for it), but Thomas is
working on a driver for EICON cards but the first prototype will be
ready on Christmas.
c) You do not need to have NT mode to use your ISDN PBX with asterisk!

- Just attach your ISDN card like you do with ISDN phones to the PABX
- Configure Asterisk to route everything like [XX] to the CAPI port

Outdialing would be better by using NT mode, but it is still possible
- Configure your ISDN PBX's S0 bus to have a number, say '60'
- Dial '60', Asterisk gives you a dialtone and dial the number you want.
Most ISDN PBX phones and ISDN phones automatically switch over to DTMF
dialing after a successful connection.

The best configuration for TE mode attached ISDN PBX is

  PSTN <-> ISDN PBX <-> ASTERISK <-> Internet

So Asterisk needs to route through ISDN PBX for PSTN connections, and
you need to dial a prefix for Asterisk from your hardphones.

This is an article of mine ready for a long time and waiting for DN to
publish it. But it seems DN is really dead, here you go:

  http://www.shellbang.org/freebsd/asteriskcapi.html

for general C4B installation have a look at

  http://www.shellbang.org/freebsd/introducingc4b.html

The configuration for C4B 1.0 has changed to config files instead the
described rc.conf parameters, but it is easy to setup.

Jan