[Asterisk-bsd] Stumped again on incoming ring ...

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Tue Feb 15 11:10:17 CST 2005

Hi bsd!

I purchased a Wildcard TDM11B, 1 fxo/1fxs, back in December but had to return
it because it sent the Telco line "off hook" the instant I plugged it in.

I have received the replacement, and I can now make outgoing calls from a
handset plugged into port 1 via SIP/IAX2 and/or via the Telco line on port 4.

My problem now is that asterisk won't answer an incoming call on port 4.

If I use ztmonitor I can see about 12 "bars" while an incoming call is ringing
the line, but when asterisk is running there is no acknowledgement that the
line is ringing.  Even with verbose up to 10000 asterisk does not even
mention channel Zap/4-1 unless I am bridging an outgoing call from Zap/1-1.

There was one time, last Friday, when the phone rang (my room mate calling in)
and I picked it up, forgetting that asterisk was running, and seconds into
the call asterisk DID pickup.  But other than that one time it has not
answered.

Is there maybe something specific to FreeBSD that would account for this
craziness?

I'm on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE using asterisk 1.0.3_1 and zaptel 0.8_1

Below is some of the relevent config.

I've contacted digium for guidance, but they have not yet responded.

Thanks for any pointers

lane

;zaptel.conf
fxsks=4
fxoks=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

;zapata.conf
[channels]
language=en
busydetect=yes
busycount=6
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
callerid=asreceived

; this section is for the fxs port (telephone instrument)
context=default
;rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
threewaycalling=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
signalling => fxo_ks
channel => 1

; this section is for the fxo port (pstn line)
context=incoming
;context=incoming <==== where to send incoming calls within extensions.conf
;rxwink=300
usecallerid=no		; not supported by the Telco line
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no		; not supported by the Telco line
usecallingpres=no	; not supported by the Telco line
threewaycalling=no	; not supported by the Telco line
cancallforward=no	; not supported by the Telco line
callreturn=no		; not supported by the Telco line
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=yes
echotraining=yes
signalling => fxs_ks
channel => 4

; extensions.conf
[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,4,Playback(tt-weasels) ; do this for testing