[Asterisk-bsd] Porting CAPI Channel

Jan.Stocker at t-online.de Jan.Stocker at t-online.de
Thu Feb 17 08:29:18 CST 2005

> Have you looked at http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/ there is a lot
> on capi for asterisk there and they also make 4 and 8 port isdn boards
> we use in asterisk.

I would take their CAPI channel and get it running on FreeBSD. I do not
want to create a complete new one, just only porting it to BSD. I
haven't taken a look at it now, cause I really want to know the need for
such a port, but this list seems to be very quite.....

> I am interested in getting these boards to work with asterisk under
> darwin (apple derivate of bsd).

I know what darwin is, but for this step your first step is to convert
CAPI4BSD to darwin. I don't do that, If you want you must get in contact
with Thomas.
Second problem is you need to write a driver for those cards. They
aren't supported until today.
BUT the biggest problem will be to get  those board working on NT mode.
You need this if you want to get Asterisk working as a standalone PBX.
The channel API isn't supporting conferencing on CAPI, also you cannot
connect a phone directly to the cards unless they are working on NT mode
:(

Jan