[Asterisk-bsd] Kim Culhan's FreeBSD 6.0 STABLE asterisk install notes

Dean Billing dean at laptop4hire.com
Wed Dec 7 17:12:24 CST 2005

Kim -

Kim Culhan wrote:

>On 12/4/05, Dean Billing <dean at laptop4hire.com> wrote:
>

>>My question is, since I have installed zaptel and asterisk from PORTS,
>>should I deinstall them before actually building zaptel and asterisk
>>from the svn source?
>>

>Sorry to take so long to reply..
>
>You can de-install by just saying 'make deinstall' in the top level of the
>zaptel and asterisk ports.
>
>Doing this will only remove the fies installed by the two ports, leaving
>the other port dependencies intact. You need these to compile the
>new versions of zaptel and asterisk so this approach works fine.

I appreciate all your insights.  I was able to install Zaptel and it
almost worked, at least it quit locking up.  It recognizes the
DigitNetworks X100P but says it can't load it and exits with an Error
5.  I have an email in to DigitNetworks but no reply.  I get the feeling
from other threads that the PCI hardware interface cards are a bit
cantankerous with different PCI implementations on M/Bs.  This
installation is on a new Gigabyte GA-8IKHXT server M/B.  Unfortunately
the Adaptec SATA RAID controller on this M/B wasn't supported in FreeBSD
5.4 or I would have started there.

I did have one other question or observation.  You had responded to my
email about installing zaptel once before:

> Please change the procedure as described in my note from 12-4-05
>
> Compile and install the libpri in the latest zaptel-bsd source obtained via
Subversion.

This made no sense to me since I could not find the libpri sources in
the zaptel-bsd source obtained via Subversion?

Regards -- Dean