[Asterisk-bsd] Kim Culhan's FreeBSD 6.0 STABLE asterisk install notes

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:57:18 CST 2005

On 12/4/05, Dean Billing <dean at laptop4hire.com> wrote:
> Kim & the list -
>
> There must be a convergence in the space time continuum (sp?).

Its about time :)

> My question is, since I have installed zaptel and asterisk from PORTS,
> should I deinstall them before actually building zaptel and asterisk
> from the svn source?

Sorry to take so long to reply..

You can de-install by just saying 'make deinstall' in the top level of the
zaptel and asterisk ports.

Doing this will only remove the fies installed by the two ports, leaving
the other port dependencies intact. You need these to compile the
new versions of zaptel and asterisk so this approach works fine.

-kim

w8hdkim at gmail.com