[Asterisk-bsd] Away for three days - and what happens?

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Mon Apr 4 18:13:20 CDT 2005

On 05/04/2005, at 8:50 AM, Staffan Ulfberg wrote:

> I modified the Makefile from the port and use FreeBSD paths.  I don't
> really know how to submit a port to FreeBSD...  And if I submitted an
> "asterisk-current", it would very soon become not-so-current...  How
> are "current" ports usually done?  (I could easily host a tarball of
> the sources from some specific, or multiple, dates.)

Yes. Someone would have to create a tarball of the CVS. Perhaps this is
little use as a port particularly since Digium have been releasing
Asterisk roughly once a month for the last few months. So the release
version is never that far behind.

If you want cvs, you could always try:

# cd /usr/ports/net/asterisk
# make extract
use cvsup to update the contents of /usr/ports/net/asterisk/work
# make patch
# make
# make install

I haven't tried the above myself, since I'm still trying to solve my
own set of issues with the stable release.

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

ish group pty ltd
http://www.ish.com.au
7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8