[Asterisk-bsd] SIP Clients - No voice.

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 31 15:18:07 CDT 2004

Jefferson Carvalho wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I'm using at this first momment only X-Lite as Sip client.
> I'm waiting for Sipura and Grandstream devices
> arrive from USA.
> I'll have to put a TDM04B ( 2FXO/2FXS  ) to
> work .. too. (  My PABX is a siemens HiPath )
> So ... i'll have so much work..!
Start with connecting everything without having NAT between clients and Asterisk.
When you have that working, start reconfiguring for the NAT...
Start simple. NAT traversal is not simple.

>  >>>>>>A bit of my sip.conf.
>
> [1260]
> type=friend
> username=1260
> mailbox=2500
> context =default
> secret=jeff
> callerid="Jefferson Carvalho" <1260>
> host=dynamic
> nat=yes                       ; X-Lite is behind a NAT router
> canreinvite=no                ; Typically set to NO if behind NAT

> ;disallow=all
You need to enable this before you have any allow= lines! Remove the semicolon.

> allow=gsm                     ; GSM consumes far less bandwidth than ulaw
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw

What kind of BSD system are you using?

/O