[asterisk-biz] XO SIP Trunk

Gerald Bove GBove at nyigc.com
Fri Dec 13 10:23:08 CST 2013

My company has been doing business with XO for a long time, and are considered a "major account" so YMMV.

That said, with any company, support can be hit or miss. One of the things we really like about XO though is, unlike most of our partners (I'm looking at you Covad/Megapath and Verizon), getting someone on the phone that actually has the ability to fix issues (not just your standard support rep) is an actual a possibility. We have had problems in the past that would have been near impossible to explain to a standard support rep, and our account rep was able to get us in touch with actual engineers that could resolve the issue.

Of course being a "major account" we get some benefits, but even when we were billing a lot less with them, the numbers we got for things like turn ups, activations, etc. always lead us to direct techs.

With any large company, navigating their escalation lists, and getting knowledgeable people on the phone is always hard, but at least it feels like XO tries. And that's really one of the main reasons we keep doing more and more business with them. Every carrier has issues (and XO has their fair share), but when you get the feeling that the people you are talking to are genuinely trying to help you with the issue (and not trying to close a ticket, or move you to a different department), it makes the issues a lot less hair-pulling.

To address Andres' original question. We don't do SIP Term or Orig with XO, but they've been trying to get us to for a while now. They definitely do offer direct SIP trunking as well as a full managed CPE solution.