[asterisk-biz] Handset supplement for limited-sight users

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Dec 4 07:05:44 CST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Alex Balashov
Sent: 03 December 2013 15:03
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-biz] Handset supplement for limited-sight users

Does Polycom make any sort of sidecar or other apparatus, compatible with its lower-end older models (IP330, 500 series, etc.) that is well-suited to users with very poor eyesight (but who are not blind)?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good VoIP handset for elderly people whose sight is not so good, i.e. with big push buttons and clear feedback?  The problem with the few I've seen that fit this pattern is that the actual acoustic qualities of the device, as a handset in general, are quite bad.  I'm looking for something with >= Polycom quality but with a somewhat gerontologically-enhanced interface.

Look at Yealink which has quite a few led buttons.

Or maybe Panasonic, but they aren't as easy to see.