[asterisk-biz] [BULK] Re: Humbug Analytics - Falcon Release]

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 02:08:20 CST 2011

Hi Nasir,

   The community edition will version supported, which means that we
will issue updates and new features
to the Community edition. At this point in time, we are supporting it
mainly via email (electronic support),
simply because we are concentrating much of our work on the SaaS edition.

   An idea that we've been toying around with, again - this is just a
thought (no actions were taken at this point),
is to create some form of pseudo-symbiotic connection between the
community edition and the SaaS. You are
probably wondering: "What the hell is he talking about?" - I'll explain.
As I explained, the SaaS's main force is
the sheer size of it - mainly, it's ability to correlate information
from multiple sources. The community edition
has similar capabilities, however, as people will use it in a
closed-garden environment, it is left in the dark, as
to what the SaaS knows and if something happens in the closed garden,
the SaaS isn't aware of it either. We were
toying around the thought of allowing a community edition user to
interconnect his installation with the global
SaaS. Thus, you share your information with the SaaS in an anonymous
manner, contributing back to the global
effort, while no exposing who you are. At the same, when an update to
the community edition is released, you
gain back from this contribution - think of it as an Open Source project
where just by installing and using the
software you help the community behind it.

   Again, this is just something that we were toying around with - we
hadn't taken any actions to making this
happen (and we don't know if we will). I hope that by raising the flag
here, we'll be able to get some really valuable
input from the community - and maybe reach a final decision as to if
taking such a step in the project.

Regards,
   Nir S